8.14.2011

Sacred Places

a sporadic scattering of
   stones
          beads
     pictures
a tuft of fur from a beloved friend
long gone.
the space is small enough to hinder all movement
and momentarily
i am enmeshed in a bit of
    soft white yarn.
untagling myself, i shake loose
a bit of plaster
and she looks at me like
           i'd committed some seditious crime.
the stigma placed on secrets
   and secret keeping
      especially from one's parents
causes her trepidation
until i pledge to keep silent
from here to the nether lands.
  satisfied, she lets me in entirely.
i tread carefully
         here.
in a child's sacred place.

11 comments:

  1. You captured me with this piece. So glad you've joined us at the whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - a coherent and economical use of the wordle words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the picture you painted here. Lovely use of the wordle words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great use of this difficult (or at least I thought they were) set of words.
    Some great imagery with lines like, 'a tuft of fur from a beloved friend' - certainly had my imagination going.
    Thanks for a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the wordle words! You carried us to a place no one else went with these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely journey to a hidden place. Your pledge allowed entrance into a child's imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! You capture perfectly a child's treasure trove. I particularly like the way you used 'tuft'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on the wordle. :) And your blog's design / layout is so cute.

    ReplyDelete