8.17.2011

Gasp. Mute. Viable.

Mute them.
   Just turn them OFF.
The voices in my head.
whispering
               muttering
      teasing
              gasping
  Screaming.
STOP.
Everything pales in comparison.
Even the sun.
nothing is real but the voices
              Vibrant
     ALIVE.
They speak.
   I listen.
They command.
   and it is a viable course of action
a necessity
I follow.
I obey.
NO.
        why can't you just leave me
  ALONE.
burn every bridge behind you
let the flames lick me like so much
warmth and love
until i can be warm forever
until i can fly as ashes in the wind
because you make me feel so 
COLD
when you tell me what i need
what i want
what i have to
                                               KILL.

8 comments:

  1. The layout adds to the dilemma..are the voices good or bad..should they be obeyed..if it doesn't sound like you (the real you) don't be listening! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary thoughts, I hope it isn't you and you are just using poetic license to express these things. If you are, it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy scary thoughts.This person really needs help. well done the way you wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hope this is a nightmare...not that would be too pleasant either. Although this is a one off post I expect your readers will be itching for answers or a resolution to the horror you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way this was set out really added to 'the voices', disturbingly good! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a powerful, scary poem. Great use of that prompt!
    Madeleine Begun Kane

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo...scary...like how the poem is built
    to a mad climax.

    ReplyDelete