6.13.2012

Cling. Murmur. Taken.

It's a murmur that I heard once -
   in the late evening, where the sun kisses the earth
It was crowded.
I cannot remember much more than
   a green striped t-shirt
   clinging to a warm body with sweat.
It was humid.
The ground was pulsing, like we were on another planet
   where gravity moved differently
   and people could dance so fast they were flying.
I almost tasted the sky.
I cannot recall the face
   freckled, maybe
   or just burned from a lot of flying
   up high, where the sun burns brilliantly
   up high so that it soaked into his skin
      his soul.
He lit up the world.
"I am quite taken with the way you dance,"
His voice reminded me of a lullaby.
"Your feet almost never touch the ground.
   would you like me to teach you how to fly?"

"Yes."

Explained here.

4 comments:

  1. Ah ha--taken in by a charmer. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the image in my mind was of a beach party, and the narrator sees her/his soulmate who can teach him how to live more freely.....Maybe I am way off, but not a problem...it's what I felt....exceptional piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine what direction this story would have taken if the final word had been no.

    http://magicalmysticalteacher.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/three-from-san-miguel/

    ReplyDelete